geek opensource software tips windows

firefox 1.0

Wheeeee, Firefox 1.0 has been released! Get it if you’re not using it already. Get it even if you’re using the PR release, because the nice Mozilla folks have implemented a number of bugfixes and security issues, together with some enhancements to make it worth the two minutes it takes to run the installation. Hey, […]

buzz music software tips

making your own beatz

For quite a few years I’ve been keeping myself busy with making music on computers. Well, some people will disagree on the fact that I call what I make music, but that’s a different discussion. I started out on the Amiga with tools Octamed, StarTracker and FastTracker, which where cool at the time, but of […]

geek rant software windows

sp2 ate my disk

After installing WinXP SP2 I noticed my C drive, which is a bit on the small side, lost quite a big chunk of disk space. I knew SP2 created a big restore point, but unfortunately I was unable to remove this one by first making a new one, and then removing all old restore points […]

firefox geek internet software tips

mozilla firefox v1.0PR released

Mozilla Firefox has released it’s milestone v1.0 browser. Sweetness! Some really nice features have been added to this version, such as live bookmarking of RSS feeds, the extended search options, and a slick upgrade procedure provided by the setup program, and that built in popup blocker I couldn’t live without anymore. If you haven’t switched […]

opensource software tips spyware

This is a bad thing I happened to bump into today. The people at are apparently offering open sourced software with mal- or spyware included. The guys at developing PeerGuardian for one have come across tampered versions of their open source software. Even has fallen for this trap, and is distributing a […]