Just found out about this neat feature in Bloglines which allows you to integrate those typical announcement-only mailing lists as an RSS feed.
Every time you create one of those Bloglines email feeds, a unique email address is created, which you use to subscribe to that particular mailing list. Every mail sent to that address will be listed as a new post to the feed.
Bloody brilliant innit?
I had to search for it a little while before I found where they hid this neato feature, so here’s how you create an email feed in short:
- in your feed list click “Add”
- click Email groups
- click “Create an Email Subscription” at the bottom
- enter the feeds data, and click the create button
- after the refresh, you’ll see the email address listed to use for this feed
- subscribe to the mailing list using that address
- and you’re done
There’s some more creative options to exploit this kind of feature of course. You could also create a email feed for a Todo list for instance, or use this to have reminders from your Yahoo! calendar (or any other service) compiled into a reminder-feed.