Yes. It’s that time again.
We have been too busy screwing around with all sorts of everything and nothing much that we didn’t have time to spend on a proper blog post. So we end up posting a bunch of links to nifty sites that we’ve come across in the past few days. Or weeks. Or time…
There’s a bit of everything, so let’s get down to it shall we?
- www.mp3-spider.com : I came across this one while looking for mp3 dj sets using Gooogle. I have no idea who runs this, but apparently it contains a huge, and I mean HUGE database of music previews. Search by artist or genre and you’ll probably find that CD you’re looking for in 64k preview mp3 format. Nice if there are no samples online for that CD you’re willing to buy. Yes, you should buy CDs from artist you dig. So they don’t starve to death, the poor sods.
- DNAStream : This is the web-rip off of the Joost internet TV app. I have to say that I haven’t really been using Joost too much since I tried it out in the beginning. For some reason I tend to watch TV on the TV and not while I’m sitting in front of my PC. You mileage may vary however, so if you dig it, you can now do it without having to install the client software. It even works through firewalls. Yes. Watching TV at work is now an option. Getting fired as well.
- This Bioshock game review is probably the funniest game review I’ve ever heard. That’s not too hard really because I’ve never heard a game review before. I usually read them, and then still, I hardly read game reviews anyway so there isn’t much competition. But this one is really funny. Check it if you have a few minutes to spare.
Just found out about Jottit (via lifehacker) and I have to say it looks so sweet I’m dying to set something up with it.
There’s no need to register (very nice) just to toy around with it either. If you want to stop others from screwing around in your pages you might want to claim your site though, for which you’ll need to use your email address. But as long as you don’t link to it, all you need to do is save the URL that is automatically created for you and you’ll have your new site always at hand.
The layout possibilities are minimal, but it makes the sites look slick. No hideous myspace effects thank you very much. It also allows for an open structure, meaning you can allow visitors of the site to make edits, and thus creating a true wiki of your own.
I was looking back at some of my posts and had to laugh again at the Mac vs PC parody I mentioned earlier. That gamer video for instance is so funny because it turns the whole “Mac is so much cooler than PC” thing upside down.
Mac is basically selling an image, and not just a computer. You see that with all their products, and props for that.
It just surprises me sometimes how passionate people get sometimes over their Apple hardware when I see yet another snapshot of an iPhone or iPod with laser engravings posted on Flickr.
“You are not your iPod” Tyler Durden would say.
The Mac zealots are raging in the comments of the following two fun and pretty good (imho) “Mac sucks” videos on Youtube as well. You’ve probably seen this one before, where the so called video editor goes off in a fit as he describes his frustration with Mac. A lot of those arguments could go perfectly for crashing Windows systems as well though, but it’s still pretty damn funny anyway.
The other vid looks like it’s made in second life oslt, follows the typical Mac vs PC format, and gets quite funny near the end.
Anyway, enjoy, have a laugh, and let’s note take these kind of thing too seriously shall we?
You probably had these in your email as well, the so called Nigerian 419 scams and deleted them right away thinking nobody could ever fall for that kind of scam.
Well, the shitty part is that people fall for them every day. That’s the only reason why they are still around. So sometimes I think of just starting to reply to this scammer in question and send him on a wild goose chaise for that Yankee dollar he’s so after. Go figure, and I’m not even a Yankee!
Some people have however executed this thought, and have spend their time scamming the scammer in all sort of hilarious and rather entertaining ways if I may say so.
If you feel like killing some time and see how these scammers’ persistence gets them to pose in pictures holding rude (and therefore quite funny) signs to be posted on the internet, then my all means go all clicky-clicky on the two folling links.
Behold! It’s www.419eater.com and www.ebolamonkeyman.com.
Also check out the hate mail Ebola Monkey man is getting. You wouldn’t believe how easily some people get offended. It’s so funny.
Ok, here are some links I’ve come across recently that I found worth sharing. I’m not into posting lots of “link only” posts, since I find those to be a bit blog polluting, but I’ll make an exception now and then. It’s also an easy way to get a post out. I know, hehe.
Rebekka, who you could call a VIP on Flickr, has recently been the target of copyright infringement. She posted about it on Flickr, but they made a bad call and deleted her posts, and with that all comments made by other users.
Not a very nice thing to do, but they sort of fixed that now.
Lots of related posts for this, but it all starts here.
- Feeling swamped in emails and not getting anything done? Well, before you stop surfing and actually get some work done you might also want to read these helpful tips in downloadable PDF format: The Low-Information Diet: How to Eliminate E-Mail Overload & Triple Productivity in 24 Hours.
- What is breakcore? Find out all about it in this video documentary featuring the most popular breakcore artists currently breaking their beats. Bigup the wood crew btw. Damn right they had to be in there.
- Don’t follow this link if you want to get some work done. It’s too damn addictive. They should outlaw flash games like this. Desktop Tower Defender is dangerous for your productivity. Don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
It’s sort of taking off an become a big hype on the intahnet. The lolcatz are taking over! I swear.
What are they? Well, it’s pictures of cats, which is a good thing, since catz simply pwn, and then some funny badly spelled, sort-of Engrish text is slapped on it to make the whole thing into something that makes you ROFLYAO.
At least that’s what this stuff does to me. This stuff really made me LOL when I first ran into it, so it’s lolcatz for sure. And patterns are emerging too, which makes it more fun, like the lolrus and the bucket saga, invisible stuff and all kinds things with flavours.
Check em out. Pull that feed in your RSS reader, and have a laugh at these funnies every day.
You know those Apple ads where PC users turn out to be boring, slightly overweight, middle aged goofy looking suits, and the Apple guy is this so called hip youngster know-it-all?
Now, I find those ads are kinda funny since I’m not that fond on Windows, which is basically what this is about, but sometimes they get so cliché that, as a PC user, you might feel a bit insulted.
Just a tad though.
But anyway, here’s some links that do it the other way around.
This page for instance is about one thing PC users can do that Mac users can’t. You’ll have to check it to find out though.
And this Youtube video is about yet another thing PC users can do that Mac users can’t.
It’s funny cause it’s true.