Quite a while ago I got an email from Brian Albers over at Humorless productions with a link to a 2005 live set of Venetian Snares. I was planning to post it but I lost track of it really and ended up not doing that. Bummer.
So earlier this year I got another email from the man and apparently he has been quite busy recording tons of breakcore live sets from artists like Enduser, Abelcain, Autechre, Fanny, Xanopticon, I:Gor, Techdiff and many more (Autechre isn’t breakcore, I know, but see, he does other electronic music genres too). These aren’t shitty bootleg recordings btw. He combines the board feed with room mics and then remasters them for top-notch live-album like quality and stuff. Worth checking out alright.
So instead of just sitting on these links I’d rather have you lot feast on them too. Mixcloud sets are stream-able only of course, which is a bit of a pity, but the internet always finds ways around those kind of limitations…
Photo by Ydolon, cc-licensed.
Time for another hardcore overload. We’ll start with the awesome Outside Agency again (can’t fail there) with the Twisted Darkside podcast mix #112 they did for the Impact 11th b-day warehouse party (direct link & mirror). It’s a shorty, but it’s damn good. If you’re dying for more hardcore podcasts, well, that Twisted Darkside page is full of ‘em, so I’m sure you’ll find something there.
In case you don’t, there’s always this one: a mix by no other than UK legend The DJ Producer for the PRSPCT XL 17 party (mirror). I don’t think I need to waste any more words on this. Lot’s of Hellfish & Producer in this one of course, so enjoy.
Now something I’m sure you haven’t heard of before. A Berlin based producer who’s been going at it for 10 years started a dark sounding electronic music project under the name RML_. You can download his first EP for free which has some cool, dark & hard techno at a bit of a slower pace so you can chill down from the previous mayhem posted here.
Photo by Rosa Menkman, cc-licensed.
Shame on me!
I’ve been sitting on some sweet breakcore but didn’t find the time to share the awesome with you. So here it is, in a triple dose (sort of) to make it all dandy again.
The Dutch breakcore.nl site has brought out various breakcore releases at regular intervals, like their Themeless album series featuring lots of new breakcore talent. The range of breakcore variation on this albums is so that you’ll always find something you like in those high quality tracks.
Dowload Themeless 5 and check it out for yourself.
A second release on breakcore.nl worth checking out is the free EP called Midnight Notes released by WSicko, who’s runs the forum & label if I’m not mistaken.
The album has 5 high energy tracks which combine classical music with gabber and jungle beats. You know, that stuff that’s pretty common in breakcore. Good stuff, somewhere in the range of The Teknoist if you ask me, so download it or listen to it on bandcamp.
The third one is another goody coming from z999 and is called Distorted By Design. Breakcory jungle breaks mixed up with melodic classical bits and pieces with a nice distortion sauce on top. Best served loud.
Photo by craigCloutier, cc-licensed.
This podcast is one to rock your hardcore ear-buds alright. The Outside Agency played a (hold on) 4 hour-long DJ set for the Signal Flow Podcast blog. Expect only the best in hardcore breakcore/industrial techno/darkstep/whatever that stuff is called in this awesomely long set. Just take a look at the huge tracklist and see the gems in there.
Download the mix from Soundcloud and visit the Signal Flow blog for more musical goodness.
01. Fracture 4 – Mortal Message
02. The Outside Agency – The Wandering Mind
03. The Outside Agency – Forest Children
04. Cybersonik – Red Alert
05. The Outside Agency – Metal Slug
06. The Outside Agency – Machine Slavery
07. Surgeon – Shaper of the Unknown
08. Chris McCormack – They Feed You Scraps Like Starving Bongo Dogs
09. Armageddon Project – Of Dreams and Disillusions
10. The Outside Agency – Hidden Strengths
11. Sperminator – Uptempo
12. Dr. Strange & Satronica – The Land Runs Red (The Outside Agency Remix)
13. Mindustries – Therapy
14. Chris McCormack – Crazy Legs Crane
15. Embrionyc – Protector
16. The Outside Agency – The Spooks
17. Robert Armani – Blow That Shit Out (Joey Beltram Remix)
18. Fracture 4 – I Never Want to See Your Face Again
19. The Outside Agency – 740MHz: Inertial Overtone
20. The DJ Producer – That Guitar Track
21. Armageddon Project – In the Underworld
22. E-Man – E-Shifter
23. Mindustries – Black
24. Demanufacturer – The Only Way
25. Arkus P – Reisa
26. The Outside Agency – Godspeed
27. DJ Hidden & Broken Note – Existence
28. Sei2ure – Mutations
29. Mute. – 10.000 Needles
30. The Outside Agency & Mindustries – The Immobilizer VIP
31. The Outside Agency – Dream Denial
32. The Outside Agency – Acid Track #2: Caustic Ingestion
33. Mescalinum United – We Have Arrived (Aphex Twin QQT Remix)
34. Broken Rules – Minimize It
35. Panacea – We Have Never Arrived
36. The Outside Agency – Motherfucking Ants (Parts 1 & 2)
37. The Outside Agency – The New Master VIP
38. Ophidian – Qotile
39. The Outside Agency – The Strangers
40. The Outside Agency & Mindustries – Carnage in C-Minor
41. The Outside Agency – Oscillation Overthruster
42. Meccano Twins – Theory of Steel
43. The Outside Agency & Tapage – Choice Mission
44. Dep Affect – Covered in Black
45. Zenith – Black Alienation
46. Negative A – White Fluids of DNA
47. Forsaken Is Dead & Unnatural Selection – The Unconquerable Man (The Outside Agency Remix)
48. SPL – Elbow Deep
49. The Outside Agency – Necropsych
50. Rave Creator – Into Sound (Marshall Masters Remix)
51. Negative A & Counterfeit – Hypnotize the Weak
52. The Outside Agency – A Perfect World
53. Tymon & Ophidian – The One
54. Broken Rules – Synth Drop
55. The Outside Agency – The Smog Sin & The Omen Sights
56. Waldhaus – Anathema
57. Ophidian – Phaseshift
58. The Panacea – Word of Thoth (Dean Rodell Remix)
59. Angel – Can You See Me
60. N-Vitral – The End of the World
61. Dep Affect – Ruins Follow
62. Enzyme X – Rauwkost
63. The Outside Agency – Antichrist VIP
64. Ophidian & Tapage – Head VI
65. Petrochemical – Netherworld (The Outside Agency Remix)
66. The Outside Agency – Sithspawn (Petrochemical Remix)
67. The Outside Agency & Ophidian – The Shadows
68. Mindustries – Craftiest Trick
69. Angel – Freak of Nature (Angel Remix)
70. The Outside Agency & Ophidian – The Infinite
71. The Outside Agency – The Neutralizing Agent
72. Mindustries – Endurance
73. The Outside Agency & Ophidian – The Silence
74. Equinox – Acid Rain VIP (Breakage Final Chapter Mix)
75. The Outside Agency & Current Value – They Are Human
76. Raiden – Sputnik
77. Sinister Souls & The Outside Agency – Perfect Organism
78. Deathmachine – The Journey VIP
79. The Outside Agency & Sei2ure – Undermind
80. The Outside Agency – Cautionary Tale
81. The Outside Agency – The Fabric of Life
82. The Outside Agency – Headphone Wisdom
83. Fuckin’ Hostile – Fuckin’ Hostile (The Outside Agency Remix)
84. Angel – Psycho (The Outside Agency Remix)
85. The Outside Agency – Centipedes & Sentinels
86. The Outside Agency & Tapage – Industrial Cooking Spray
87. The Outside Agency – Our Fear
88. The Outside Agency – Waste Management
89. The Outside Agency – Backpack Wisdom
90. The Speed Freak – Time to Die Harder (The Outside Agency Reboot)
91. The Outside Agency – End Boss
Photo by Paolo Comparin, cc-licensed.
You know what not posting regularly does to your pageview stats? It makes them drop like pills on the dance floor during a police raid, that’s what.
So to fix that, here’s some long and tasty DJ sets filled with creamy breakcore mixed with juicy darkstep beats and a hint of dubstep basslines.
Enjoy the buffet I’d say with a birthday mix from The Teknoist (thx AdNoiseam), a great Methlab promomix from Katharsys and last but certainly not least another Methlab special with Current Value.
Nom, nom, nom!
Photo by Carly & Art, cc-licensed
We’re halfway 2012 and these mixes I posted earlier are still rocking my media devices for regular airplay.So here’s a recap in case you’ve missed out on those awesome sounds.
Not bad huh?
Photo by mjsawyer, cc-licensed.
Bandcamp is great. Not only because it allows artists from all over the earth to share their tunes and albums with the inhabitants of that same earth. No. There’s plenty of other ways to do that. Bandcamp is great because if you pay for the music, the artist gets most of the money directly. Not a record shop, their label or big-ass distribution companies. The artists get your money. Those guys that make the tunes. Sweet.
It’s like walking up to their door, ringing their doorbell, getting their latest record out of their hand and giving a crumpled-up banknote from your side pocket in exchange. It’s exactly like that! Except the walking up to their door, ringing their doorbell and getting a physical record part. But you are giving them your cash. In lots of cases you can even decide how much exactly. So that’s nice innit?
Here’s some cool stuff I noticed is up there. Even if you’re not willing to shell out one of those crumpled banknotes, there’s plenty of free stuff up for grabs too.
Older stuff from End-user for example. Expect some breakcore/drum’n'bass there. If you want more of that you can check out the Adnoiseam label who have most of their releases up there as well. More breakcore? Check out the mighty Venetian Snares, Ruby My Dear, or Gross Prophet. For the darker and broken beats check out Somatic Responses and CAPSLOCK. If you prefer it more jungle and ragga-core style then there’s always Peace-Off Records, or perhaps a bit of Bong-Ra if you can dig it. Harder style drum’n'bass is waiting at DJ Hidden‘s camp or at PRSPCT Recordings and of course the good old Tech Itch. Even if it was just for nostalgic reasons.
If you feel like spending more cash, you can always find a few gems by exploring some random tags.
You get the idea.
Photo by jermudgeon, cc-licensed.